Please know that we are still OPEN and willing to help our customers with their garage door needs.
Whether you need a new garage door, a replacement, a repair or you need a new garage opener, our team is there for you.
Your safety and security is essential as you stay at home.
With more than 70 million garages in the United States, these spaces are no longer an architectural “add-on.” Garages have emerged as a necessity for homeowners, considering they make a significant contribution to the selling price of the house. This is especially true when this space is well equipped with organizational features like shelves, workbenches and closets, bins, pull-out drawers, baskets, cabinets, wall hooks for hanging up garden tools, etc., while still being able to house the required number of cars. Other than the organization system, attention needs to be paid to the walls, ceiling, floor and, most importantly, the garage door.
In fact, garage doors have come a long way, with a plethora of options available today for home owners. Moreover, there are professionals who specialize in garage door repair and installation in places like Elgin & Cary, such as J&J Garage Door and Electric Openers, which offers services for residential and commercial garage door repair & installation, along with garage door openers across Algonquin, Barrington, Elgin & Cary, Crystal & McHenry, Lake Zurich & Lake in the Hills.
So, if you too want to add that style quotient to your home, making it easier to get a better price when you decide to sell, take a look at some major changes that have made garages much more desirable than ever before.
5 Changes that have Made Garages More Attractive
- Moved in The Rear: Although a garage gives a house a certain width and bulk, not everyone likes such a look in the front of their home. Many builders consider the garage to be a separate structure and prefer to move it to the rear of the property, to emphasize the appeal of the front of the house. Many homeowners do not mind driving down the side of the house to park their car at the back.
- Bigger in Size: Unlike a decade ago, where a 21 square foot and 7 feet high garage was sufficient to accommodate a car and still have walking space around and space store the typical garden items, today’s home requires bigger garages, at least 9 feet high, mostly because of homeowners’ preference for bigger and higher cars.
- Three Car Garage: In 2015, nearly 25% of new homes completed included a three car garage, says the census data. In homes where multiple generations are living together, there is likely to be more than two cars that need space for parking.
- Auto Elevators: How do you like the idea of driving into the garage and pushing a button so that your car is raised to an upper floor, making space for another car to be parked underneath? Exciting and space saving, isn’t it? Auto elevators were initially designed to move cars in showrooms, but these are now a part of garages of condominiums in urban areas and various other houses as well.
- Automated Garage Doors: Garage doors have reinvented themselves completely and are now available in different styles, including wood, steel and aluminum. These efficiently and professionally fitted garage doors are controlled by remote, where you don’t have to leave your car to open the garage door, park the car and then walk out to close the door manually.
If your garage door is giving trouble, such as falling more quickly than it should, contact a professional garage door repair & installation service, such as those available in Elgin & Cary.